I need a new pair of shoes. Seriously.
Ever noticed how you have so many variants of the same item, say, shoes for example, yet still you seem to gravitate towards that one pair that goes with anything? Or, at least, you make it go with everything. they may not be the most expensive, nor the most pretty or comfortable, yet you make the effort to wear them out.
And when they do, would you throw them out?
For a pair of shoes, a lot of people i know wouldn't. See, i grew into a culture of people who utilize things until they're utterly useless and irreparable. They'd take that pair to the repair shop at least twice before it finally got to meet the dump. All this trouble for a pair of dilapidated kicks. If it were this hard to replace something, I could only imagine how much harder it would be to replace some-ONE.
Actually, im not imagining, im finally feeling how hard it is. I've been in a slump, lately. School has been quite rough, but that is simply tolerable. No big. It is just school, as school should be. But when we talk about handling people, now that's a road I hesitate to tread.
I'm the type of person who likes to meet new people, to get to know them a bit, then just stop at a certain point. I don't really share every little detail of my life, nor do I depend on others for my happiness. I'm a loner, and I admit that, but for a few months now, I've become totally different because of someone.
well, let's just say that that person made me feel alive, and normal; made me enjoy and see things from a not-so-different perspective; made things seem more exciting. The things which I used to neglect because i thought them petty were given a whole new, more eye-catching wardrobe. Even though we had no real reason to be together, i tried to make him part for everything; because I had fun; because I fell in love.
But I guess I'm just not his favorite pair of shoes. I mean, he leaves me hanging on the shoe rack, not even trying me on. He, on the other hand, seems to be too worn to be ever worn again.
No comments:
Post a Comment